Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certification
ARTC – Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate. Member must be a minimum of 15 years of age on the date of final assessment.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with the skills, knowledge and application of oxygen, airway management devices, and automated external defibrillators during resuscitation, and to administer oxygen to conscious and unconscious breathing casualties.
UNIT/S OF COMPETENCY
This award is aligned to the following core unit of competency:
- HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation
In addition, the award may also be aligned to the following optional units of competency:
- PUAEME003C Administer oxygen in an emergency situation
- PUAOPE010C Operate an automated external defibrillator in an emergency situation
Candidates must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- be at least 15 years of age on the date of final assessment
- hold one of the following SLSA awards
- Bronze Medallion/Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue)
- First Aid
RPL AND CREDIT TRANSFER
Candidates who believe they already possess some or all of the skills and knowledge of this award, or who have received one or more of the related units of competency, may wish to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer. These candidates should consult their Training Officer or State Centre for more information.
Phone: 0405 461 142