ABOUT BEING A MEMBER
Being a Seacliff Surf Life Saving Club member can be incredibly rewarding.
We are a family based club with a proud history of both service and competition.
You can be as physically active as you like and take on various roles within the club or you can simply just be a member and have access to the club and it’s facilities.
MEMBERSHIP TYPES AT SEACLIFF SLSC
SEACLIFF SLSC JUNIOR/NIPPER CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Age is determined by the age of the individual as of October 1. Nippers go up to Under 13.
SEACLIFF SLSC ACTIVE MEMBERSHIPS
As an active Member you can be involved in all areas of surf life saving but you do not have to be a Surf Lifesaver (i.e. Bronze Medallion holder). Some of these include:
- Patrolling the beach as a Bronze Medallion or a Surf Rescue Certificate holder
- Assisting beach patrols or other services as a holder of awards such as Senior First Aid, Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate and Radio
- Award training, administration and assessing
- Surf sports coaches, officials, team managers, chaperones and supporters
- Junior (nippers) training facilitation, age group manager and water cover
- Club administration
- Bar, bistro and café volunteering
- Social and fundraising activities, including BBQ chef
SEACLIFF SLSC HOUSEHOLD CAP
There is household cap (maximum amount paid) available for up to two adults in partnership and all dependent children up to the age of 21 living in the same house. There is an extra charge for each child after five children.
SEACLIFF SLSC SOCIAL/ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIPS
Associate Membership is available is available for participants who want to be involved in the surf club but not necessarily patrol on the beach. As an Associate Member, you will meet adults who are happy to help out when they have the time, and others who have specific skills they wish to contribute. As an Associate Member, you’re not required to hold a surf life saving qualification- so if you prefer to be out of the surf rather than in it, this is a great way for you to be involved.
CLUB MEMBERSHIP DETAILS:
|Active Seniors/Masters* >= Under 14||$145|
|Junior Nippers* <= Under 7 (tiny tots)||$100|
|Junior Nippers* < = Under 13||$145|
|* Under 18 members membership comes with a free club associate membership for a guardian who isn’t a bronze holder, patrolling member or competing. (Maximum one per family) If Guardians are bronze holders, patrolling member or competing they will be required to become Active members per the above.
** Household cap is extended up to two adults living in partnership and 5 children all living at the same address. Children over 21 are not eligible to be part of the cap.
|##The club is registered for the government sports voucher scheme. Members who qualify can use this voucher to offset their membership fee.|
|Associate (Social) Membership||$50|
|All members 18 years or older are issued a Club Membership Card which entitles the member to a 10% discount on all Bistro area drinks and main meals. Discount does not apply to member specials or happy hour pricing.|
- In 2017/2018 the club reduced the upfront cost of joining by up to $100. In exchange for this competitors will now pay the cost of entry into the events they enter. Competitors will be invoiced after the event when the club receives the invoice from Surf Life Saving SA or the event organiser. Competitors will be liable for all late fees and entry change costs incurred. Before entering any competition make sure you know the costs. The club earns no revenue from event entry. All costs are levied by the event organiser and that is the cost passed on to the competitor.
Annual Club Storage Fees
All personal equipment stored at the club is at the members own risk. The club has no insurance for members equipment. Members must maintain their own insurance.
In the event your equipment is damaged the club accepts no responsibility of any kind regardless of the situation. You accept the club is not secure and there is a risk of equipment damage. Please insure your own equipment.
All money raised from storage fees is used to maintain the downstairs area. Members will see the new gym equipment May 2017 purchased with the money raised from storage.
- One Ski – $80
- One Board (any type) – $60
- Ski & Board – $120
For membership enquiries, please contact our Club Secretary via the below or message us on Facebook: facebook.com/seacliffslsc
Club Postal Address: PO Box 29, Brighton SA, 5048